The Fundação Oriente awards scholarships for doctorate degrees as well as research work on subjects connecting Far Eastern countries to Portugal both in the social and human sciences area and mainly on subjects related to the Museu do Oriente collections.
Scholarships are granted for a 12-month period. In exceptional cases, this may be extended for the same or shorter periods up to a maximum of 36 months.
Applications from students who have already received from another institution a scholarship for an identical purpose will not be accepted.
AMOUNT AND BENEFITS
The scholarship holder is granted a monthly amount established every year by the Fundação. This amount varies according to the scholarship holder’s academic qualifications.
Travel expenses (return ticket) between the scholarship holder’s permanent place of residence and the destination country will be paid for by the Fundação Oriente.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants for scholarships for doctorate degrees and research work must fill the application form available at this website or at our premises and forward it to the Fundação together with the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Certificates or authenticated copies of academic qualifications in the area of application;
- Detailed plan of the work/course, together with the estimated time required to complete the project;
- Document by a supervisor accepting to closely follow the project;
- Short Curriculum Vitae of the supervisor;
- Documentary proof of acceptance and/or enrolment at the respective institution;
- Two reference letters on the applicant/project.
Every document must be written in either Portuguese or English. Whenever documents have to be translated from an oriental language, the translation must be duly certified.